Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Recollections - Mutton Pie

It is snowing...again. OK weather, I get it. No need to drive the point home.

Anywho, I just came across a posting for a New England Clam Chowder served in a bread bowl and it made me think about one of my favorite spots in Bloomington, IN where I went to school:
The Irish Lion.

A bunch of us used to go there on days like this (or when we wanted to line our bellies with hearty food before a night of bar hopping) to get their wonderful Mutton Pies of Abbeyfeale - freshly baked bread bowl filled with their famous house Celtic Lamb Stew and a half yard of our favorite libation. I ususally went with a Guinness...you know, for authenticity sake.

Ah, those were the days.

2 comments:

  1. That is how winter is feeling for me too. I've had enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds perfect on a cold winter's day!

    ReplyDelete